Place:


Collington  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Collington like this:

COLLINGTON, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; adjacent to the boundary with Worcester, 3½ miles N of Bromyard, and 6½ SE of Tenbury r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 985. Real property, £1, 224. Pop., 150. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. Ripplewood House is the seat of the Whites. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Edwin-Ralph, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is a very neat stone structure of 1857. Charities, £7.

Collington through time

Collington is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Collington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Collington in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2967

Date accessed: 19th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Collington ".