In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Diserth like this:
DYSERTH, or Diserth, a parish in the district of St. Asaph and county of Flint; near the sea, the river Clwyd, and the vale of Clwyd and the Chester and Holyhead railways, 1¾ mile E by N of Rhuddlan r. station, and 4 NNE of St. Asaph. It has a post office under Rhyl. Acres, 3, 348; of which 1, 464 are water. ...
Rated property, £2, 206. Pop., 1, 098. Houses, 267. The property is divided among a few. Lead mining is carried on at Talargoch. An ancient castle, of early Norman structure, stood on a lofty scarped rock; was defended, on one side, by a deep fosse cut in the solid rock; was strengthened, in 1241, by Henry III.; and was demolished, about 1261, by the Welsh under Llewelyn; and it is now represented by only a few fragments. An oblong double, transepted, ivy-clad building, called Siambre-Wen or "the white chamber, " stands immediately below the castle-rock; and is regarded by some antiquaries as an ecclesiastical edifice, -by others, as the residence of the later constables of the castle, -by others as an enclosure over a holy well. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £113.*-Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church has part of a Jesse window, and contains memorials of the Conways of the 17th century; and the churchyard contains some remarkable ancient tombstones, and a mutilated sculptured ancient cross.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Diserth, in Denbighshire and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Diserth ".