Place:


Great Plumstead  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Plumstead like this:

PLUMSTEAD (Great), a village and a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk. The village stands 2 miles N W of Brundall r. station, and 4½ E by N of Norwich; and has a post-office under Norwich. The parish comprises 1, 403 acres. Real property, £2, 903. Pop., 342. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £70. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The church is plain, and partly of brick. Charities, £22.

Great Plumstead through time

Great Plumstead is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Plumstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Plumstead, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2918

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Plumstead ".