Place:


West Cliffe  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Cliffe like this:

CLIFFE (West), a parish in Dover district, Kent; on the coast, 2¼ miles NE by N of Dover. Post town, Dover. Acres, 1, 194; of which 25 are water. Real property, £1, 846. Pop., 122. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £34. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The church is tolerable.

West Cliffe through time

West Cliffe is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Cliffe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Cliffe, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2864

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Cliffe ".