Place:


Wanborough  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wanborough like this:

WANBOROUGH, a parish in Guildford district, Surrey; under Hogs-Back hill, 3¾ miles W of Guildford r. station. Post town, Guildford. Acres, 1,560. Real property, £2,553. Pop., 192. Houses, 39. The land belongs to the trustees of the late J. Mangles, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Puttenham. The church is plain.

Wanborough through time

Wanborough is now part of Guildford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Guildford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wanborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wanborough, in Guildford and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2805

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wanborough ".