In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marown like this:
KIRK-MAROWN, a parish in the Isle of Man; on the Dhoon river, 5 miles NW of Douglas. It contains Crosby, which has a post office under Douglas, Isle of Man. Length, 5½ miles; extreme breadth, 3¼ miles. Pop. in 1851, 1, 364; in 1861, 1, 161. Houses, 219. Slieu-Rove and Greebah mountains, on the NW boundary, have altitudes of 1, 591 and 1, 382 feet. The vale of the Dhoon shows interesting features. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Sodor and Man. Value, £150. Patron, the Crown. Neither the old church nor the new possesses interest; but the ruins of St. Trinian, s chapel, on a romantic site under the Greebah mountains, have marked characters of decorated English, and are pierced, about 6 feet from the ground, with a series of square holes which seem to be a puzzle to architects. There are remains of some old kiels and of a Druidical circle.
The location is that of Marown Old Church.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marown, in and the Isle of Man | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marown".