Place:


Swanton Novers  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swanton Novers like this:

SWANTON-NOVERS, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 5 miles N E by E of Ryburgh r. station. Post town, Briningham, under Thetford. Acres, 1,315. Real property, £2,105. Pop., 315. houses, 68. S. house is the seat ofAtkinson, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Wood-Norton. The church's chancel was rebuilt in 1821. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Swanton Novers through time

Swanton Novers is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swanton Novers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swanton Novers in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2622

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swanton Novers ".