Place:


Tretower  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tretower like this:

TRETOWER, a chapelry in Llanfihangel-Cwmdû parish, Brecon; 3 miles N W of Crickhowell, and 4¼ ESE of Talybont r. station. Post town, Crickhowell. Real property, £1,844. Pop., 296. Houses, 57. An old seat of the Vanghans is here. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £64. Patron, M. Morgan, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfihangel Cwm Du

Tretower through time

Tretower is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tretower itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tretower, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25600

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tretower ".