Place:


Langford  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langford like this:

LANGFORD, a parish, with a village, in Biggleswade district, Beds; on the river Ivel, and on the Biggleswade railway, 2 miles S of Biggleswade. Post-town, Biggleswade. Acres, 2,100. Real property, £4,192. Pop. in 1851,906; in 1861,1,086. Houses, 206. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Mrs. Rainsford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £240. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century, has a tower, and contains a brass of 1520. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £13.

Langford through time

Langford is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langford in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2496

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langford ".