In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanferres like this:
LLANFERRAS, a parish, with a village, in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the river Alyn, 4 miles SW of Mold r. station, and 5½ ENE of Ruthin. Post town, Mold, Flintshire. Acres, 3,754. Real property, £5,466; of which £3,000 are in mines. Pop., 754. Houses, 156. The property is all in on e estate. ¥ worked. The summit of a hill range, to the S of the village, commands a fine view of the vale of the Alyn and of the town of Ruthin. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £313.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Berres, and is good. Charities, £20. Dr. Davies, author of the Welsh and Latin dictionary, was rector in 1630.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanferres has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanferres and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanferres in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanferres".