In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bankfoot like this:
BANKFOOT, a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1850. Post Town, Bradford. Rated property, £1,213. Pop., 2,641. Houses, 600. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £120.* Patron, Rt. Hon. G. Hardy.
Additional information about this locality is available for Bowling
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bankfoot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bradford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bankfoot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bankfoot, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bankfoot".