Place:


Theale  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Theale like this:

THEALE, a chapelry in Wedmore parish, Somerset; 4¼ miles NNE of Shapwick r. station, and 5½ W of Wells. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post-office under Wells, Somerset. Pop., 743. Houses, 173. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Wedmore. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wedmore

Theale through time

Theale is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Theale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Theale, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24121

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Theale ".