In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bearse like this:
BEARSE, a tract in the district of Chepstow and county of Gloucester; recently incorporated with St. Briavels parish, and previously extra-parochial.
Additional information about this locality is available for St Briavels
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bearse has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Forest of Dean. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bearse and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bearse, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bearse".