In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton like this:
EASTON, or Lower Easton, a chapelry in St. George and Stapleton parishes, Gloucester; on the Bristol and Gloucester railway, in the north-eastern vicinity of Bristol. It was constituted in 1848. Post town, Bristol. Pop., 2, 939. Houses, 573. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. - Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good.
Additional information about this locality is available for Bristol
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bristol. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easton".