Place:


West Hyde  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Hyde like this:

HYDE (WEST), a chapelry in Rickmansworth parish, Herts; on the river Colne, at the boundary with Middlesex, 2½ miles SW of Rickmansworth r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its post town is Rickmansworth, Herts. Pop., 466. Houses, 93. Chalk pits are here; and a copper mill was formerly on the Colne. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Valne, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester.

Additional information about this locality is available for Rickmansworth

West Hyde through time

West Hyde is now part of Three Rivers district. Click here for graphs and data of how Three Rivers has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Hyde itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Hyde, in Three Rivers and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23778

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Hyde ".