In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longcross like this:
LONGCROSS, a chapelry, with a small village, in Chertsey parish, Surrey; in the middle of the heaths, 3 ½ miles W of Chertsey town and r. station. It was constituted in 1847; and its Post town is Chertsey. Pop., 133. Houses, 27. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, W. Tringham, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Longcross has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Runnymede. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Longcross and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longcross, in Runnymede and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Longcross".