Place:


Wasdale Head  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wasdale Head like this:

WASDALE-HEAD, a township-chapelry in St. Bees parish, Cumberland; comprising the upper part of Wasdale, 10 miles NE of Ravenglass r. station. Post town, Whitehaven. Acres, 7,000. Rated property, £258. Pop., 49. Houses, 7. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £80. Patron, the Incumbent of St. Bees. The church is good.

Wasdale Head through time

Wasdale Head is now part of Copeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Copeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wasdale Head itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wasdale Head, in Copeland and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23216

Date accessed: 19th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wasdale Head ".