Place:


Acocks Green  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Acocks Green like this:

ACOCK'S GREEN, a chapelry in Yardley parish, Worcester; on the Oxford and Birmingham railway, 4¼ miles SE of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1867; and it has a r. station, a post office‡ under Birmingham, a church of 1867 at a cost of £4,000, a recent hand some Independent chapel, and a Wesleyan chapel. The living is a vicarage. Statistics, not reported.

Acocks Green through time

Acocks Green is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Acocks Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Acocks Green, in Birmingham and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23086

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Acocks Green ".