Place:


Yardley Wood  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yardley Wood like this:

YARDLEY-WOOD, a chapelry in Yardley and Kings-Norton parishes, Worcester; near Acocks-Green r. station, and 4 miles SE of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1849; and its Post town is Acocks-Green, under Birmingham. Pop., 687. Houses, 160. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value £60.* Patron, Miss Taylor.

Yardley Wood through time

Yardley Wood is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yardley Wood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yardley Wood, in Birmingham and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22922

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yardley Wood ".