Place:


Hackford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hackford like this:

HACKFORD, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 1½ mile S by W of Kimberley r. station, and 2½ E of Hingham. Post town, Hingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 754. Real property, £1, 617. Pop., 222. Houses, 57. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £225. Patron, B. Gurdon, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a square tower. Charities, £11.

Hackford through time

Hackford is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hackford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hackford in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2282

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hackford ".