Place:


Trunch  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trunch like this:

TRUNCH, a parish, with a village, in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 3 miles N by E of North Walsham r. station. It has a post-office under Norwich. Acres, 1,353. Real property, £2,771. Pop., 464. Houses, 107. The manor belongs to Lord Suffield. Much of the land, together with an extensive malting and brewing establishment, belongs to W. Primrose, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £420.* Patron, Catherine's College, Cambridge. The church is good, and there is a Methodist chapel.

Trunch through time

Trunch is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trunch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trunch in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2252

Date accessed: 17th October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trunch ".