Place:


Grahamslaw  Roxburghshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Grahamslaw like this:

Grahamslaw, a hamlet in Eckford parish, Roxburghshire, 5 miles S of Kelso. Several artificial caves near it, on the banks of the river Kale, were retreats or hiding-places of the Covenanters in the times of the persecution. Haughhead, notable as the meeting-place of one of the greatest conventicles of the Covenanters, is also adjacent to the hamlet, and occasions it to be sometimes called Grahamslaw-Haughhead.—Ord. Sur., sh. 25, 1865.

Grahamslaw through time

Grahamslaw is now part of Scottish Borders district. Click here for graphs and data of how Scottish Borders has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grahamslaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grahamslaw, in Scottish Borders and Roxburghshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22140

Date accessed: 17th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grahamslaw ".