In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ciliau Aeron like this:
CILIE-AERON, or Kilie-Ayron, a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the river Ayron, 4½ miles SE of Aberayron, and 8½ miles NW of Lampeter r. station. It has a post office under Carmarthen. Acres, 1, 914. Real property, £1, 011. Pop., 301. Houses, 66. The property is much subdivided. Cilie-Aeron House is the seat of D. Jones, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ciliau Aeron has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ciliau Aeron and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ciliau Aeron, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ciliau Aeron".