Place:


Braehead  Lanarkshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Braehead like this:

Braehead, a village in Carnwath parish, Lanarkshire, 2 miles W of Auchengray station, and 7 NE of Lanark. A U.P. church here contains 500 sittings; and a public school, with accommodation for 193 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 126, and a grant of £109,3s. 5d. Pop. (1861) 350, (1871) 402, (1881) 432.

Braehead through time

Braehead is now part of South Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Braehead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Braehead in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21993

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Braehead ".