Place:


Chelsfield  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chelsfield like this:

CHELSFIELD, a parish, with a village, in Bromley district, Kent; 6½ miles SE of Bromley. It has a post office under Bromley, Kent, and a railway station. Acres, 3, 280. Real property, £4, 710. Pop., 784. Houses, 148. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Farnborough, in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £876.* Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church is early English. There are a national school and charities £23.

Chelsfield through time

Chelsfield is now part of Bromley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chelsfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chelsfield, in Bromley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2055

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chelsfield ".