Place:


Panxworth  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Panxworth like this:

PANXWORTH, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 4 miles N N E of Brundall r. station, and 8 E N E of Norwich. Post-town, Blofield, under Norwich. Acres, 600. Pop., 121. Houses, 29. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Woodbastwick, in the diocese of Norwich. There was no church for upwards of 200years. A ruined tower occupied the spot where thechurch stood; and, in 1847, this was repaired, and a neat nave added, so as to afford 120 sittings.

Panxworth through time

Panxworth is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Panxworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Panxworth, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20543

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Panxworth ".