Place:


Antingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Antingham like this:

ANTINGHAM, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; at the source of Ant river, 3 miles NNW of North Walsham r. station, and 16 N of Norwich. Post Town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,509. Real property, £2,166. Pop., 227. Houses, 54. The property is not much divided. There are ecclesiastically two parishes, St. ...


Mary and St. Margaret; and both are rectories in the diocese of Norwich. St. Mary is united with the vicarage of Thorpe-Market and the donative of Bradfield. Value, £262. Patron, Lord Suffield. The church is a structure of flint, in good condition; and has a brass of Calthorpe. St. Margaret is annexed to the vicarage of North Walsham; and the church is in ruins. Charities, two coombs of wheat.

Antingham through time

Antingham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Antingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Antingham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1708

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Antingham ".