Place:


Buan  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buan like this:

BODVEAN, or Bodfaen, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; 2½ miles SE of Nevin, and 4 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 2,572. Real property, £1,434. Pop., 382. Houses, 84. The property is divided between two. Bodvean Hall is the seat of Lord Newborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £198. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is modern, and has monuments of the Wynnes. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and a slightly endowed school.

Buan through time

Buan is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buan, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1523

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buan ".