Place:


Akeley  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Akeley like this:

AKELEY-CUM-STOCKHOLT, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 3½ miles N by E of Buckingham r. station. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £1,924. Pop., 366. Houses, 81. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £255. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Methodist chapel. Charities, 7 allotment acres.

Akeley through time

Akeley is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Akeley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Akeley, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1474

Date accessed: 25th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Akeley ".