Place:


Ryton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ryton like this:

RYTON, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; near the river Worf, 3 miles S by E of Shiffnal r. station. It gave the title of Baron to the Cravens. Post-town, Shiffnal. Acres, 1, 442. Real property, £2, 536. Pop., 213. Houses, 39. The property is divided among five. The manor belongs to R. H. Cheney, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £545.* Patron, G. Roberts, Esq. The church was recently restored. There is a national school.

Ryton through time

Ryton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ryton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ryton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14551

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ryton ".