Place:


Woodsetts  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodsetts like this:

WOODSETTS, a township-chapelry in Anston parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles NNW of Shireoak r. station, and 4 NW by W of Worksop. Post town, Worksop-Acres, 838. Real property, £1,948. Pop., 164. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to Sir F. W. White, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York-Value, £230.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was built in 1841. There is a parochial school.

Woodsetts through time

Woodsetts is now part of Rotherham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rotherham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodsetts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodsetts, in Rotherham and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14493

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodsetts ".