Place:


Wharram le Street  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wharram le Street like this:

WHARRAM, a r. station and two parishes in E. R. Yorkshire. The station is on the Thirsk and Driffield railway, on the Wolds, 7 miles SE of New Malton; and has a head post-office. The parishes are W.-le-Street and W.-Percy; they lie around the r. station; the former is in Malton district; and the latter contains two townships in that district, one in Pocklington district, and one in Driffield district. ...


Acres, 2,024 and 9,017. Real property, £2,106 and £6,887. Pop., 140 and 484. Houses, 23 and 72. The manors belong to Lord Middleton. The livings are vicarages in the diocese of York. Value, £125 and £60. Patron, Lord Middleton. The churches are good.

Wharram le Street through time

Wharram le Street is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wharram le Street itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wharram le Street, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14453

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wharram le Street ".