In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radipole like this:
RADIPOLE, a village and a parish in Weymouth district, Dorset. The village stands on the river Wey, at theinlet to Weymouth harbour, 2 miles N N W of Weymouth r. station; is embowered in trees; and has a post-office under Weymouth, and a sulphurous mineral spring and bathing establishment. The parish is partly within Weymouth borough; and comprises 1, 308 acres of land and 30 of water. Real property, £4, 996. Pop., 691. Houses, 127. Pop. of the W. borough portion, 401. Houses, 76. The manor belonged to Cerne abbey. ...
Villas and other houses were recently built on the road leading to Weymouth; and Nottington House, Corfe Hill, and others are chief residences. A pretty walk goes along the shore toward Weymouth. The living is a rector ., annexed to the rectory of Melcombe-Regis, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church has recently been restored. The churchyard contains the graves of 80 persons, drowned in the wreck of the " Abergavenny, " off Portland, in 1805. There are chapels for Independents and Roman Catholics.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Radipole has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Radipole and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radipole in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Radipole".