In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pulham like this:
PULHAM, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; 5¼ miles N E by N of Cerne-Abbas, and 6 S W by W of Sturminster-Newton r. station. It consists of two sections, E and W; and its post town is Sherborne. Acres, 2, 370. Real property, £3, 185. Pop., 302. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Rev. T. F. M. Halsey. The parish is a meet for the Blackmoor Vale harriers. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £350.* Patron, the Rev. T. F. M. Halsey. The church is ancient but good; and there are charities £11.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pulham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pulham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pulham in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pulham".