In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oborne like this:
OBORNE, a parish in Sherborne district, Dorset; on the London, Yeovil, and Exeter railway, adjacent to Somerset, 1¾ mile E N E of Sherborne. Post-town, Sherborne. Acres, 593. Real property, £1, 175. Pop., 150. Houses, 30. The manor belongs to Cains college, Cambridge. Sherborne Park, the seat of Earl Digby, is partlywithin the limits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £172.* Patron, G. D. W. Digby, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1862, and is in the early English style.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oborne in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oborne ".