In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fifehead Neville like this:
FIFEHEAD-NEVILLE, a parish in Sturminster district, Dorset; 2½ miles SW of Sturminster town and r. station. Post town, Sturminster-Newton, under Blandford. Acres, 791. Real property, with Belchawell, £3, 188. Rated property of F. - N. alone, £800. Pop., 87. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £193.* Patron, Lord Rivers. The church is very good; and there are charities £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fifehead Neville has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fifehead Neville and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fifehead Neville in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fifehead Neville".