In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edmondsham like this:
EDMONDSHAM, a parish in Wimborne district, Dorset; 1½ mile S of Cranborne, and 6 NW by N of Ringwood r. station. It includes West Worth; and its post town is Cranborne, under Salisbury. Acres, 1, 671. Real property, £2, 040. Pop., 279. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. Edmonsham House is the seat of Mrs. Monro. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Valne, £277: Patrons, the Earl of Shaftesbury and Mrs. Monro. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £14.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Edmondsham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Edmondsham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edmondsham in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Edmondsham".