Place:


Weston in Gordano  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston in Gordano like this:

WESTON-IN-GORDANO, a parish in Bedminster district, Somerset; on the coast, 3 miles NE of Clevedon r. station. It has a post-office under Clevedon. Acres, 733; of which 40 are water. Real property, £1,261. Pop., 175. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to Sir W. Miles, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £120. Patron, Sir W. Miles, Bart. The church is later English and good. There is an endowed school.

Weston in Gordano through time

Weston in Gordano is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston in Gordano itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston in Gordano in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13385

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston in Gordano ".