Place:


Kirby Misperton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirby Misperton like this:

KIRKBY-MISPERTON, a township in Pickering district, and a parish partly also in Malton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 3¼ miles SSW of Pickering town and r. station. Acres, 1, 739. Real property, £3, 034. Pop., 215. Houses, 41.—The parish contains aldo the towns of Barughs-Ambo, Ryton, Little Habton, and Great Habton; the last of which has a post office under York. ...


Acres, 7, 544. Real property, £9, 927. Pop., 1, 002. Houses, 191. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. Tindall, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £960.* Patron, Lord Feversham. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are two chapels of ease, four Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £25.

Kirby Misperton through time

Kirby Misperton is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kirby Misperton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirby Misperton, in Ryedale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13203

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kirby Misperton ".