Place:


Brownswood Park  Middlesex

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Brownswood Park like this:

South Hornsey, local government dist., Hornsey par., Middlesex, in N. suburbs of London, pop. 14,593.

The location is that of the Church of St John the Evangelist, Brownswood Park. The area took its name from the manor of Brownswood, more details being given in 'Hornsey, including Highgate: Manors', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 140-146 (http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22521; date accessed: 31 May 2011).

Brownswood Park through time

Brownswood Park is now part of Haringey district. Click here for graphs and data of how Haringey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brownswood Park itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brownswood Park, in Haringey and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1311

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brownswood Park ".