Place:


Huttons Ambo  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huttons Ambo like this:

HUTTONS-AMBO, a parish in Malton district, N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Derwent, and on the York and Scarborough railway, at Hutton r. station, 2¾ miles SW of New Malton. It contains the villages of High H. and Low H., and has a post office under Malton. Acres, 2,300. Real property, £4,046. ...


Pop., 444. Houses, 86. The manor belongs to G. Foljambe and J. Starkey, Esqs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £250. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is recent, in the early English style; and has a bell turret. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Huttons Ambo through time

Huttons Ambo is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huttons Ambo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huttons Ambo, in Ryedale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13067

Date accessed: 28th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huttons Ambo ".