Place:


Huby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huby like this:

HUBY, a village and a township in Sutton-on-the-Forest parish, N. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 4¼ miles SE of Easingwold, and is noted for a Maypole festival on the third Sunday of June.-The township comprises 4, 515 acres. Real property, £5, 147. Pop., 572. Houses, 112. There are chapels for Quakers, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists.

Huby through time

Huby is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huby, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13025

Date accessed: 22nd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huby ".