Place:


Full Sutton East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Full Sutton like this:

FULL-SUTTON, a parish in Pocklington district, E. R. Yorkshire; 2½ miles E by S of Stamford-Bridge r. station, and 5½ NW of Pocklington. Post town, Stamford-Bridge, under York. Acres, 950. Real property, £1, 211. Pop., 174. Houses, 33. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £150. Patron, Lord Feversham. The church is recent; and supplanted a very old one, which was said to have been a chantry to the priory of Walton. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Full Sutton through time

A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Full Sutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Full Sutton and units named after it.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Full Sutton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12646

Date accessed: 24th October 2014


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Full Sutton".