In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fordon like this:
FORDON, a chapelry in Hunmanby parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 3¾ miles WSW of Hunmanby r. station, and 10 NW of Bridlington. Post town, Hunmanby, under York. Acres, 1, 460. Pop., 38. Houses, 5. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hunmanby, in the diocese of York.
Fordon is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fordon itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fordon, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fordon ".