Place:


Chilton Trinity  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilton Trinity like this:

CHILTON-TRINITY, a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; on the river Parret, near the Bristol and Exeter railway, 1½ mile N of Bridgewater. It includes the hamlet of Huntstile; and is divided into the manors of East Chilton, West Chilton or Chilton-Trivet, Idstoke-Inverne and Huntstile. Post town, Bridgewater. Acres, 1, 543; of which 192 are water. Real property, £3, 712. Pop., 53. Houses, 11. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Bridgewater, in the diocese of Bath and Wells.

Chilton Trinity through time

Chilton Trinity is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chilton Trinity itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilton Trinity, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12581

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chilton Trinity ".