Place:


North Cheriton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cheriton like this:

CHERITON (North), a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; 3 miles SW of Wincanton, and 2½ NNW of Templecombe r. station. Post town, Horsington, under Bath. Acres, 1, 088. Real property, with Horsington, £8, 872. Pop., 302. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £200. 8 Patron, the Rev. T. Gatehouse. The church is good. Charities, £8.

North Cheriton through time

North Cheriton is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Cheriton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cheriton in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12557

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Cheriton ".