In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunby like this:
GUNBY ST. NICHOLAS, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; on the SW verge of the county, 6 miles SW of Corby r. station, and 10 S of Grantham. Posttown, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 66s. Real property, £1, 669. Pop., 164. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dysart. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stainby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church comprises nave and chancel, with later English tower. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gunby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gunby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunby, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gunby".