Place:


Bradford  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradford like this:

BRADFORD, a village and a parish in Wellington district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Tone, 2¾ miles NE of Wellington r. station, and 3½ WSW of Taunton; and has a post office under Taunton.—The parish comprises 1,782 acres. Real property, £4,488. Pop., 552. Houses, 110. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £120.* Patron, A. Adair, Esq. The church was repaired in 1858. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.

Bradford through time

Bradford is now part of Taunton Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Taunton Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradford, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12466

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradford ".