In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydiard Tregoze like this:
LIDDIARD-TREEGOOZE, a village and a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts. The village stands near the Great Western railway, 2 miles N W of Swindon r. station, and 3 ENE of Wootton-Bassett; was known, at the Conquest, as Lidiar; and gives the title of Baron to Viscount Bolingbroke. The parish comprises 5,142 acres. ...
Rated property, £7,721. Pop., 795. Houses, 160. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Treegoozes: passed to the Grandisons, the Pateshulls, and the Beauchamps; and has belonged, since the time of Henry VI., to the St. Johns, Viscounts Bolingbroke. Liddiard Park is the seat of Viscount Bolingbroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Glon cester and Bristol. Value, £628.* Patron, Viscount Bolingbroke. The church is ancient; was partly rebuilt in 1683; underwent thorough restoration about 1852; has a tower; and contains banners, helmets, pedigrees, and monuments of the Viscounts Bolingbroke 'There are a school for both sexes, and charities about £21.
Lydiard Tregoze is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lydiard Tregoze itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydiard Tregoze in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lydiard Tregoze ".