Place:


Blyborough  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blyborough like this:

BLYBOROUGH, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; 2¾ miles SSE of Northorpe r. station, and 9 ENE of Gainsborough. It has a post office under Kirton-Lindsey. Acres, 2,345. Real property, £2,911. Pop., 209. Houses, 41. The property is divided between two. Blyborough Hall is the seat ofLuard, Esq. There are some mineral springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £519.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Blyborough through time

Blyborough is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blyborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blyborough, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11737

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blyborough ".